Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Readings= Drivining= Gas= Money....to say the least...it costs money...I don't have!

Needless to say, when it comes to readings, I just can't afford it. When it comes to any reading that interests me...it's a distance away from where I am.

Let's put it this way, I live in Sussex County and all of these "Readings" take place in either...Clifton, Paramus, or NYC, and let's face it I barely have enough money to make it to William Paterson. I could go to readings up here, but they are all by authors of children's books. While I'm sure those readings are fun and filled with excitement, I just find they don't suite my age.

Since, I am an aspiring teacher and work at a school, I have met several authors, such as Dan Gutman. The authors I have met write books geared towards elementary school children, so I don't think that counts for anything. I can tell you one thing, and that is that these children authors I've met have inspired me.

Dan Gutman decided to write books on a plethora of sports because when he was a child there weren't any books on sports...and so this has inspired me to try to "dumb down" some books for students who have special needs. I feel that by keeping the cover of the book and the general content the same, those with special needs won't feel the separation between them and the general education population.

On the other hand, I hope to one day, when I have the time and money, to go to a reading and truly enjoy all that it has to offer. As for where I am right now with finances and everything, I don't think that will happen for a while, but someday.

1 comment:

A Quinlan said...

When you put it that way, I think maybe I have to think of another strategy....