Sunday, September 28, 2008

James Joyce

After doing a little bit of research on Joyce I discovered that not only did he have a desire to write, but he also at one point studied medicine. I found that Joyce's life is quiet interesting and in some ways you can see it portrayed in his writings.

In my own opinion, Joyce is not an author that I am drawn to and want to read all his writings. He is simply what I would consider a "classic" writer. He writes books that one might read just have said they read it. For example, Moby Dick, is a novel that many have read, but how often do you find yourself re-visiting the book for no reason at all.

Joyce is intriguing and has his own style of writing, which I think can inspire many. However, his writing is from his time and can be sometimes unclear due to the busy-ness surrounding the picture he's painting.

All in all, Joyce is an exquisite writer and deserves to be one of the most influential writers. He is very inspiring, especially if you want to observe a type of writing that might be outside of ones comfort zone.

1 comment:

A Quinlan said...

Hmmmm. Why does he deserve to be an influential writer if you are not drawn to him? Why not make a case that he's not influential? Or, better yet, why not find out why he is. In any case, I want you to edit so you're not contradicting yourself in the blog.

Thank you.....AQ